Subject: bug#14739: closed (Re: bug#14739: Creating w32 frame on -nw Emacs on windows crashes)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 11:50:02 +0000

Your bug report

#14739: Creating w32 frame on -nw Emacs on windows crashes

which was filed against the emacs,w32 package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
14739: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14739
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#14739: Creating w32 frame on -nw Emacs on windows crashes
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 13:49:20 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 13:42:38 +0200
> 
> emacs -Q -nw
> M-: (make-frame-on-display "w32") <RET>
> 
> Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.

Fixed in trunk revision 115796.

Subject: Creating w32 frame on -nw Emacs on windows crashes
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Bug-Gnu-Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 13:42:38 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: emacs
Version: 24.3.50

emacs -Q -nw
M-: (make-frame-on-display "w32") <RET>

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
0x770b321a in KERNELBASE!DeleteAce () from C:\Windows\syswow64\KernelBase.dll
(gdb) bt
#0  0x770b321a in KERNELBASE!DeleteAce () from
C:\Windows\syswow64\KernelBase.dll
#1  0x011eced1 in emacs_abort () at w32fns.c:7783
#2  0x01205edb in get_frame_dc (f=0x349d4d0
<__register_frame_info+55170256>) at w32xfns.c:134
#3  0x011f0c00 in w32font_text_extents (font=0x36192a8
<__register_frame_info+56726184>, code=0x88c80c, nglyphs=1,
metrics=0x14d6c94)
    at w32font.c:535
#4  0x0105b6ee in get_per_char_metric (font=0x36192a8
<__register_frame_info+56726184>, char2b=0x88c872 L"\036\r") at
xdisp.c:22867
#5  0x01062c1e in x_produce_glyphs (it=0x88d340) at xdisp.c:24693
#6  0x010512be in display_line (it=0x88d340) at xdisp.c:19423
#7  0x01047b7b in try_window (window=56692133, pos=..., flags=1) at
xdisp.c:16202
#8  0x01045f1e in redisplay_window (window=56692133,
just_this_one_p=0) at xdisp.c:15732
#9  0x01040905 in redisplay_window_0 (window=56692133) at xdisp.c:13772
#10 0x0116b424 in internal_condition_case_1 (bfun=0x10408cf
<redisplay_window_0>, arg=56692133, handlers=55086046,
    hfun=0x10408ab <redisplay_window_error>) at eval.c:1326
#11 0x01040892 in redisplay_windows (window=56692133) at xdisp.c:13752
#12 0x0103f842 in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:13363
#13 0x0103d1f2 in redisplay () at xdisp.c:12652
#14 0x010e05e2 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=58198614,
prev_event=55101466, used_mouse_menu=0x88fac3, end_time=0x0) at
keyboard.c:2568
#15 0x010ecf3b in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x88fbe0, bufsize=30,
prompt=55101466, dont_downcase_last=false,
can_return_switch_frame=true,
    fix_current_buffer=true) at keyboard.c:9079
#16 0x010ddf95 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1449
#17 0x0116b354 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x10ddc14
<command_loop_1>, handlers=55155882, hfun=0x10dd484 <cmd_error>) at
eval.c:1289
#18 0x010dd8b2 in command_loop_2 (ignore=55101466) at keyboard.c:1164
#19 0x0116ae3d in internal_catch (tag=55145762, func=0x10dd88e
<command_loop_2>, arg=55101466) at eval.c:1063
#20 0x010dd86a in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1143
#21 0x010dd001 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:776
#22 0x010dd1bd in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:840
#23 0x010db4ab in main (argc=3, argv=0xae3010) at emacs.c:1550

Lisp Backtrace:
"redisplay_internal (C function)" (0x152149c)