Subject: bug#14735: 24.3.50; No X-version after bootstrap

From: jpff <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 19:20:19 +0100

I pulled sources today and tried to build.  Due to an interrupt I had
to do a bootstrap build, but now I have onlt terminal (-nw) like
emacs.  The error messages in .xsessions-error say

Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid
MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid
MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid
MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid
MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid
MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid
MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid
MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid
MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid
MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid
MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyDisplay :0 unavailable, simulating -nw
emacs: standard input is not a tty

As it seems OK on my other comoputer I suspect it may be OpenSuSE12.3
playing up.  Just thought I would report in case it was more generic

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.4)
 of 2013-06-27 on xenakis
Bzr revision: 113207 [email-masked]
System Description:	openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC [ > 4 1 ; 2 9 0 ; 0 c ESC x r e o DEL p o TAB r 
t TAB RET

Recent messages:
Loading /jpff/.myemacs.el (source)...
Loading after-save...done
Loading uniquify...done
Loading /jpff/mail-filter.el (source)...done
Loading logger...done
Loading /jpff/.myemacs.el (source)...done
Loading image-file...done
Loading delsel...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/jpff/GNU/local-lisp/autotest-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/autotest-mode
/jpff/GNU/local-lisp/autoconf-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/autoconf-mode
/jpff/GNU/local-lisp/ses hides /jpff/GNU/emacs/trunk/lisp/ses
/jpff/GNU/local-lisp/socks hides /jpff/GNU/emacs/trunk/lisp/net/socks

Features:
(shadow mailalias mailcrypt mail-extr comint ansi-color ring emacsbug
message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode xterm eldoc
help-fns delsel image-file cus-start cus-load logger crypt crypt++
crypt+pgp-pub time-date paren uniquify nadvice holidays hol-loaddefs
cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs time tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

==John ffitch