Subject: bug#14734: 24.3.50; REGRESSION: defadvice broken wrt doc strings (C-h f)

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 10:08:41 -0700 (PDT)

emacs -Q

(defadvice isearch-forward (before isearch+-doc activate)
  "
Isearch Plus
============
...")

`C-h f isearch-forward' does not show this addition to the doc string
at all.  In Emacs 24.3 (and prior releases) there is no such bug.

Furthermore, in the dev snapshot, you see this from `C-h f':

 :around advice: `ad-Advice-isearch-forward'

That should NOT be shown.  That is internal, implementation info.  It is
also incorrect.  The advice is :before, not :around.

And besides missing the added doc string text, this text that introduces
it is also missing (present in Emacs 24.3 and prior, where the first
line is bright red and bold):

 This function is advised.

 Before-advice `isearch+-doc':

That is user-friendly info, and it is correct (:before, not :around).

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-06-20 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 113100 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 CFLAGS=-O0 -g3 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'