Subject: bug#14732: Package dos-mode for ELPA

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 13:28:23 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Last time I checked, csh comes with a BSD license.
>
> I guess I confused it with ksh, sorry.

Which is also available as free software (CPL), and is packaged by
Debian, Red Hat, etc.

> And ksh is not the worst offender: look in sh-script, and you will see
> there, in addition to ksh, also rc from Plan 9 and even (gasp!) SCO's
> oash.
>
> If we care so much about not supporting non-free shells, why do we
> have all those in sh-script?

Accidents of ancient history, I guess.

> The point is that we should discourage non-free software regardless of
> whether it comes from Microsoft, SCO, AT&T, or you-name-it.

Sure.

> Currently, we are biased in that respect.

I disagree.