Subject: bug#14730: closed (Re: bug#14730: 24.3.50; post-command-hook errors no longer in *Messages*)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 16:32:04 +0000

Your bug report

#14730: 24.3.50; post-command-hook errors no longer in *Messages*

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
14730: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14730
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#14730: 24.3.50; post-command-hook errors no longer in *Messages*
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 12:31:14 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> I am not sure, but it seems like there has been a change so that errors
> in post-command-hook no longer get logged in *Messages*.  That would be

Not that I know.

        Stefan

Subject: 24.3.50; post-command-hook errors no longer in *Messages*
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 07:20:08 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I am not sure, but it seems like there has been a change so that errors
in post-command-hook no longer get logged in *Messages*.  That would be
too bad, as the error message is typically fleeting in the echo area.
Logging the message in *Messages* gives you a way to find out what is
going on.

If I am mistaken that there was such a change, please feel free to close
this bug.  If there was such a change, please consider reverting it.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-06-20 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 113100 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 CFLAGS=-O0 -g3 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'