Subject: 24.3.50; (emacs) `Search Case'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:57:25 -0700 (PDT)

The text does not make clear that `M-c' can be used to toggle case
sensitivity even when `case-fold-search' is nil.

This is the current order, and all that is said:

1. Explanation of default behavior (i.e., when `case-fold-search' is
non-nil).

2. Mention that `M-c' toggles case-sensitivity.

3. Statement that setting `case-fold-search' to nil makes all letters
match exactly.

#3 is emphatic: all lettes must match exactly.  I.e., the impression can
be given that #3 is independent of `M-c'.

4. And there is no explanation that #1 is the default case, which
*corresponds to non-nil `case-fold-search'*.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-06-20 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 113100 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 CFLAGS=-O0 -g3 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'