Subject: bug#14712: 24.3.50; `isearch-filter-visible' obsolescence

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:49:25 -0700 (PDT)

I use `isearch-filter-visible' in my code.  Recently, you have made it
obsolete.  The `make-obsolete' sexp is not helpful/accurate, AFAICT.  It
says only that `isearch-filter-visible' is replaced by
`isearch-invisible':

(make-obsolete 'isearch-filter-visible 'isearch-invisible "24.4")

That is definitely not true.  For one thing, the former is a function
and the latter is a variable.

The proper replacement is given in the source code:

(or (eq search-invisible t)
    (not (isearch-range-invisible beg end)))

It is that information that needs to be conveyed in the obsolescence
message.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-06-20 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 113100 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 CFLAGS=-O0 -g3 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'