Subject: Re: bug#14711: struct rusage redefinition issues on ppc - gnu time-1.7

From: Bob Proulx <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:33:19 -0600

Aijaz Baig wrote:
> Hi.

Hi.

> I am trying to compile Gnu time 1.7 for a PowerPC system using the 
> windriver build system which is based on yocto.

Thanks for the report.  However you are reporting a bug in the time
project to the coreutils project.  Time and coreutils are two separate
projects.  GNU time doesn't use any bug trackers.  Therefore this bug
to the coreutils project will never be seen by the GNU time
maintainer.

The best reporting address for problems with time is the
[email-masked] mailing list.  It isn't a good place.  It is
only the best place relative to any other reporting address.

The GNU time project has actually been quite dead for many, many
years.  However the official maintainer keeps saying that a new
release will happen every time he is asked.  Therefore the project
sits in a perpetual limbo betwixt and between.

In my opinion the best way to compile GNU time is to grab the patched
sources from one of the many software distributions.  I am the
maintainer for Debian and so my biased opinion would be to use the
Debian patched sources.  But most of the patches have been shared all
around by now and so any of the distros are likely very similar at
this stage.

I will continue the discussion in your other message to the discussion
list and then redirect it over to the bug-gnu-utils list.  Anyone who
wishes to join in please meet us over there.

Bob

> Notice: The information contained in this e-mail
> message and/or attachments to it may contain 
> confidential or privileged information. If you are 
> not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, 
> review, distribution, printing or copying of the 
> information contained in this e-mail message 
> and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If 
> you have received this communication in error, 
> please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and 
> immediately and permanently delete the message 
> and any attachments. Thank you

READ CAREFULLY.  By reading this email, you agree, on behalf of your
employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from
any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licences, terms-of-service,
shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure,
non-compete and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I
have entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents
and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and
privileges.  You further represent that you have the authority to
release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.