Subject: bug#14704: 24.3.50; cl-lib breaks built-in Emacs version

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 19:56:00 +0200

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Sebastian Wiesner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Who would test your code then before releases if not those who compile
> from trunk?  You developers obviously don't…  and what is worse, you
> apparently do even *care*.

Yes, users (and developers) test it. Users file bug reports. Sometimes
they offer a patch, often they don't. That's fine and good. Users
don't usually come screaming and demanding. That seems rude, to say
the least.

> These three bugs I found are so blatantly obvious and so severe that
> even the most sloppy manual testing, let alone unit testing, would
> have revealed them, but all you have to say to such a bad failure is
> “Boy, this is trunk, go home to mama, and play with old releases”?!

No, more like "go home to mama and ask her again about good manners".

> I am sorry that you do not know about CI, unit testing and software
> quality, but I do, and thus I am horrified by the neglect and
> ignorance you demonstrate in developing one of the most important
> tools of my daily work.

Not sure if that you is singular or plural. It's wrong in either case.

   J