Subject: Re: bug#14704: 24.3.50; cl-lib breaks built-in Emacs version

From: Sebastian Wiesner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 19:51:20 +0200

2013/6/24 Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>:
> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Sebastian Wiesner <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> This is the 3rd critical package.el bug I discovered within just a week
>> or so.  Don't you test your code?!
>
> If you want well-tested code, stay with Emacs official releases. If
> you compile from trunk, expect breakages, untested code and potential
> data loss. Caveat user.

Who would test your code then before releases if not those who compile
from trunk?  You developers obviously don't…  and what is worse, you
apparently do even *care*.

These three bugs I found are so blatantly obvious and so severe that
even the most sloppy manual testing, let alone unit testing, would
have revealed them, but all you have to say to such a bad failure is
“Boy, this is trunk, go home to mama, and play with old releases”?!

I am sorry that you do not know about CI, unit testing and software
quality, but I do, and thus I am horrified by the neglect and
ignorance you demonstrate in developing one of the most important
tools of my daily work.