Subject: Re: bug#14700: 24.3.50; Animated ImageMagick images doesn't work

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 18:07:27 +0200

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've confirmed that caching the previously computed data makes this
> usable.  But I'm still not sure where to cache things.  Ideally, this
> would be a "per-image" cache, so that we can have several animated
> images at the same time.  But the way the animation is called, it kinda
> creates a new image every time.

That's not correct.  It just does

  (plist-put (cdr image) :index n)
  (force-window-update))

So per-image caching should be fine...  I think...  If each Lisp-level
image maps to something on the C-level side.  Hm...  I see that there's
already a cache there, but it caches the displayed representation, and I
need to cache the "raw" MagickWand representation.  (The image may be
scaled etc after computation, so I need the pre-scaled version of the
image.)

Hm...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  No Gnus T-Shirt for sale: http://ingebrigtsen.no/no.php
  and http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2013/08/twenty-years-of-september.html