Subject: Re: bug#14700: 24.3.50; Animated ImageMagick images doesn't work

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 17:44:27 +0200

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've now implemented this and checked in the new function.  It's too
> slow to be usable as is, though.  It needs a cached representation of
> the previously computed image, but I'm not quite sure where to stash
> that...

I've confirmed that caching the previously computed data makes this
usable.  But I'm still not sure where to cache things.  Ideally, this
would be a "per-image" cache, so that we can have several animated
images at the same time.  But the way the animation is called, it kinda
creates a new image every time.

Hm.  Perhaps that's where to fix this?  Make the animation function
cache the data in the image structure somehow?

Anybody got other ideas?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  No Gnus T-Shirt for sale: http://ingebrigtsen.no/no.php
  and http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2013/08/twenty-years-of-september.html