Subject: 24.3.50; doc string of `find-file-visit-truename'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 10:14:39 -0700 (PDT)

A minor problem.

1. The statement: "Non-nil means visit a file under its truename"
is a bit misleading.  A non-nil value does not mean that a file gets
visited (...) at all.  It means only that IF a file gets visited then it
gets visited under its truename.

2. The doc is hard to understand unless one knows what visiting a file
"under its truename" means.

The doc does a good job of saying what the truename of a file is.  What
is missing is to say what "visiting under" a given name means.
Presumably what is meant is that the truename is the name of the visited
file, i.e., it is used as the value of `buffer-file-name'.  If so, say
that.

I would suggest something like this:

Non-nil means visiting a file uses its truename as the visited-file name.
That is, the buffer visiting the file has the truename as the value of
`buffer-file-name'.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-06-20 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 113100 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/binary --enable-checking=yes,glyphs
 CFLAGS=-O0 -g3 LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-Ic:/Devel/emacs/include'