Subject: bug#14685: aclocal and AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 12:34:48 +0200

Hi Diego, thanks for chiming in.

On 06/22/2013 12:19 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> Hi Werner,
> 
> AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR expects a single directory (it's used by among other
> libtool to put its m4 files).
> 
> AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIRS is the one you want to use (plural form).
> 
> HTH
> 
I think you've missed the second part of my conversation with
Werner...  Reference:

  <http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14685>

Oh, but I see that's because Werner's report has been sent to both
the automake and bug-automake lists, causing some confusion.  Well,
now that I've added the above link the dicussion on the bug tracker,
the confusion should be cleared, and the situation for potential
thread-diggers from the feature should be improved :-)

So, let's continue the discussion on the bug tracker only from now
on, OK?

Thanks,
  Stefano