Subject: bug#14684: closed (Re: bug#14684: emacs-24.3: Xft configure test fails on solaris)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 00:30:04 +0000

Your bug report

#14684: emacs-24.3: Xft configure test fails on solaris

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
14684: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14684
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#14684: emacs-24.3: Xft configure test fails on solaris
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 20:29:02 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.4

Thanks; fixed in emacs-24 branch.

Subject: emacs-24.3: Xft configure test fails on solaris
From: Rick Frankel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 12:39:03 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In emacs 24.3, configure fails to successfully identify Xft.h usability
during during configure (works in 24.1, did not test 24.2). Here are the
relevant lines from config.log:

configure:12033: checking X11/Xft/Xft.h usability
configure:12033: gcc -std=gnu99 -c -I/usr/openwin/include  -mcpu=v9 
-I/export/local/include -I/usr/sfw/include -I/usr/openwin/include 
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include 
-I/export/local/db/sybase/OCS-15_0/include  -I/usr/openwin/include 
-I/usr/sfw/include -I/usr/sfw/include/freetype2   -I/usr/openwin/include 
-I/usr/openwin/include -I/usr/sfw/include -I/usr/sfw/include/freetype2   
conftest.c >&5
In file included from /usr/openwin/include/X11/extensions/Xrender.h:28,
from /usr/openwin/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:44,
from conftest.c:119:
/usr/openwin/include/X11/extensions/render.h:29: error: syntax error 
before "Glyph"
/usr/openwin/include/X11/extensions/render.h:29: warning: type defaults 
to `int' in declaration of `Glyph'

This is because solaris requires inclusion of `X11/X.h' before including
`X11/Xft/Xft.h'

Note that ignoring the results (forcing
"ac_cv_header_X11_Xft_Xft_h=yes") results in correctly compiling emacs
with xft antialias font support.

Configured using:
`configure '--prefix=/export/local/' '--with-x-toolkit=lucid'
'--without-imagemagick' 'CFLAGS= -mcpu=v9
-I/export/local/include -I/usr/sfw/include -I/usr/openwin/include
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include
-I/export/local/db/sybase/OCS-15_0/include' 'LDFLAGS=
-L/export/local/lib -L/usr/sfw/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/lib -L/export/local/db/sybase/OCS-15_0/lib''