Subject: emacs-24.3: Xft configure test fails on solaris

From: Rick Frankel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 12:39:03 -0400

In emacs 24.3, configure fails to successfully identify Xft.h usability
during during configure (works in 24.1, did not test 24.2). Here are the
relevant lines from config.log:

configure:12033: checking X11/Xft/Xft.h usability
configure:12033: gcc -std=gnu99 -c -I/usr/openwin/include  -mcpu=v9 
-I/export/local/include -I/usr/sfw/include -I/usr/openwin/include 
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include 
-I/export/local/db/sybase/OCS-15_0/include  -I/usr/openwin/include 
-I/usr/sfw/include -I/usr/sfw/include/freetype2   -I/usr/openwin/include 
-I/usr/openwin/include -I/usr/sfw/include -I/usr/sfw/include/freetype2   
conftest.c >&5
In file included from /usr/openwin/include/X11/extensions/Xrender.h:28,
from /usr/openwin/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:44,
from conftest.c:119:
/usr/openwin/include/X11/extensions/render.h:29: error: syntax error 
before "Glyph"
/usr/openwin/include/X11/extensions/render.h:29: warning: type defaults 
to `int' in declaration of `Glyph'

This is because solaris requires inclusion of `X11/X.h' before including
`X11/Xft/Xft.h'

Note that ignoring the results (forcing
"ac_cv_header_X11_Xft_Xft_h=yes") results in correctly compiling emacs
with xft antialias font support.

Configured using:
`configure '--prefix=/export/local/' '--with-x-toolkit=lucid'
'--without-imagemagick' 'CFLAGS= -mcpu=v9
-I/export/local/include -I/usr/sfw/include -I/usr/openwin/include
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include
-I/export/local/db/sybase/OCS-15_0/include' 'LDFLAGS=
-L/export/local/lib -L/usr/sfw/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/lib -L/export/local/db/sybase/OCS-15_0/lib''