Subject: bug#14682: 24.3; TeX input method; LATIN CAPITAL LETTER U WITH MACRON

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 11:15:18 +0300

> Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 14:53:33 +1000
> From: "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> On Fri Jun 21 2013 Andreas Schwab wrote:
> > > Although on a different system, I see the same as you.
> > 
> > The key is associated with a list of characters, which you are
> > supposed to be able to select from, but I was unable to find out
> > how to do that yet.
> 
> I am sorry, what you are saying here is above my head.  Is the buggy
> behavior I observe something that you can confirm, or is it just me
> seeing this?

It's not just you.

What Andreas is saying that \=U can insert one of several characters
(see "C-h C-\ TeX RET"), and it inserts different ones on different
machines (I even have it insert different characters on the same
system but different Emacs versions).  However, which one it inserts
and how to force it insert the others is a mystery.  Perhaps Handa-san
(CC'ed) could help us out.