Subject: bug#14678: 24.3.50; doc of `defcustom': specify behavior if duplicate keyword

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 13:07:42 -0700 (PDT)

Lisp code can generate Lisp code, including `defcustom's.  In this
context, it is possible for the generated code to have more than one
occurrence of the same keyword (e.g., `:type'), with different
occurrences specifying different keyword values.

The implementation, and presumably the design, of `defcustom' is such
that in case of multiple occurrences of the same keyword, the last one
wins - the others are ignored.

This should be stated in the doc, as part of the description of
`defcustom'.  Programmers should know that they can depend on this
behavior.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-06-18 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 113050 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/usr --enable-checking CFLAGS='-O0 -g3'
 CPPFLAGS='-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1 -I/c/usr/include''