Subject: bug#14676: 24.3.50; winner doesn't immediately notice windows created by server

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 20:09:21 +0200

Hello,

I have `winner-mode' turned on.

>From e.g. an image viewer I want to open a dired buffer for the
directory containing the images.  So, from the image viewer, I run

  emacsclient file

and in Emacs, I immediately hit C-^ (which I bound to `dired-jump') in
the popped up window, to get the parent dir.

The problem: the buffer showing the file was not recorded in the winner
history - `winner-undo' can't get it.

Note: this only happens if I hit C-^ immediately after opening the
file.  Else, you trigger `post-command-hook' which DTRT.

Evaluating

  (add-hook 'server-switch-hook 'winner-save-old-configurations)

fixes the problem for me.  Should we do something like that in the
definition of `winner-mode'?

Regards,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.2)
 of 2013-06-18 on dex, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20130618-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11204000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (jessie)

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --host x86_64-linux-gnu
 --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-info --with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-imagemagick=yes
 CFLAGS='-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2'
 CPPFLAGS='-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS='-g -Wl,--as-needed
 -znocombreloc''