Subject: Re: bug#14666: 24.3.50; emacs_backtrace.txt

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 22:51:49 +0300

> Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:57:21 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> CC: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
>  > It is obvious that using these macros in a place where
>  > their assumptions can be violated is a no-no (as witnessed by this
>  > crash).
> 
> I don't think that macros are important here.  They simply obscure the
> backtrace.

Not only that.  They also evaluate the same expressions several times,
assuming that the same expression always evaluates to the same value.

> If the input thread wants to calculate a window's size and the Lisp
> thread deletes the window under its feet, we're lost anyway.

I don't think we are lost in this particular case, see the
documentation of ImmSetCompositionWindow function that is being called
here.