Subject: Re: bug#14666: 24.3.50; emacs_backtrace.txt

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:08:50 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 18:48:38 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > The only explanation is that another thread modified w->contents after
> > it was tested with BUFFERP.
> 
> Should that be possible?

"Should" in what sense?  w32_wnd_proc, the function in which this
happens, is the main window procedure for Emacs, and it runs in the
input thread, which is separate from the Lisp thread.  The code which
crashes is the only one in w32_wnd_proc that references buffers,
windows, and frames, which are objects that are manipulated (and
GC'ed) by the Lisp thread.

Did I answer your question?