Subject: bug#14663: 24.2; flymake

From: Hussain <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 12:12:06 +0500

-open a 400+ line .py file

-C-x 3

-M-x follow-mode

-C-x C-- C-- C-- C--

-
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17169357/how-to-avoid-follow-mode-large-text-spillovers-to-the-next-windows-when-the-text

In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)

 of 2012-08-29 on MARVIN

Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600

Configured using:

 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --cflags

 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include

 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src

 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include

 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include

 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include

 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include

 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include

 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include'

Important settings:

  value of $LC_ALL: nil

  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil

  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil

  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil

  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil

  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil

  value of $LC_TIME: nil

  value of $LANG: ENU

  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil

  locale-coding-system: cp1252

  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:

  text-scale-mode: t

  follow-mode: t

  tooltip-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  tool-bar-mode: t

  menu-bar-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  global-font-lock-mode: t

  font-lock-mode: t

  blink-cursor-mode: t

  auto-composition-mode: t

  auto-encryption-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  line-number-mode: t

  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:

<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <S-lwindow>

<S-lwindow> <S-lwindow> <S-lwindow> <S-lwindow> <S-lwindow>

<S-lwindow> <help-echo> <drag-n-drop> M-x C-g C-g C-x

3 M-x F O L <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>

o f <backspace> <backspace> f o l l <tab> m <tab> <return>

C-x C-- C-- C-- C-- <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>

<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>

<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>

<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>

<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>

<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>

<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>

<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>

<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>

<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>

<down> <down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>

<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up>

<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> <up> <down> <up> <down>

<up> <down> <up> <down> <up> <down> <up> <down> <up>

<down> <up> <down> <up> <down> <up> <down> <up> <down>

<down> <up> <up> M-x r o p <backspace> e <backspace>

<backspace> e p <tab> <tab> r <backspace> o <tab> <tab>

r <tab> <tab> <return>

Recent messages:

For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Loading vc-git...done

Quit [2 times]

Follow mode enabled

Making completion list... [3 times]

Load-path shadows:

None found.

Features:

(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec

mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils

mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils help-mode view

face-remap follow warnings advice help-fns advice-preload vc-git

python-21 python easymenu comint regexp-opt ansi-color ring browse-url

url-util url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile

cconv macroexp assoc gnus-util password-cache url-vars mm-util

mail-prsvr time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel

dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image

fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select

scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham

georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao

korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic

indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple

abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties

overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget

hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)