Subject: bug#1466 closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> (Re: 23.0.60; Emacs manual, node Goto-address)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 05:15:03 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#1466: 23.0.60; Emacs manual, node Goto-address

It has been closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
1466: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=1466
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Emacs manual, node Goto-address
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 00:09:11 -0500

> 1. The node should be named something like Go To Address or Address
> Hyperlinks.
> 
> 2. The node should mention `goto-address-mode', and that should be
> recommended, not `goto-address'. The good thing about g-a-mode is that
> it gives you a way to turn off the hyperlinking. 

Done.  Thanks for the suggestion.

>From [email-masked] Mon Dec  1 10:45:40 2008
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: 23.0.60; Emacs manual, node Goto-address
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:45:26 -0800

1. The node should be named something like Go To Address or Address Hyperlinks.
 
2. The node should mention `goto-address-mode', and that should be
recommended, not `goto-address'. The good thing about g-a-mode is that
it gives you a way to turn off the hyperlinking. 
 
If you use `goto-address' instead, then you need to still toggle
`goto-address-mode' twice to turn it off. I don't think there is any
other way to do that.
 
3. The Commentary in the file should also recommend
`goto-address-mode', not `goto-address' even in mode hooks. Turn on
the mode, so you can easily turn it off.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-11-24 on LENNART-69DE564
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/g/include
-fno-crossjumping'