Subject: bug#1466: 23.0.60; Emacs manual, node Goto-address

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:45:26 -0800

1. The node should be named something like Go To Address or Address Hyperlinks.
 
2. The node should mention `goto-address-mode', and that should be
recommended, not `goto-address'. The good thing about g-a-mode is that
it gives you a way to turn off the hyperlinking. 
 
If you use `goto-address' instead, then you need to still toggle
`goto-address-mode' twice to turn it off. I don't think there is any
other way to do that.
 
3. The Commentary in the file should also recommend
`goto-address-mode', not `goto-address' even in mode hooks. Turn on
the mode, so you can easily turn it off.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-11-24 on LENNART-69DE564
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/g/include
-fno-crossjumping'