Subject: Re: bug#14653: Test failure when building on Debian armel

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 15:51:29 +0200

Adam Baxter <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I am trying to build a debian package from Debian's guile sources on a
> Dreamplug (ARMel/armv5tel arch)

[...]

> /bin/bash: line 5: 13696 Segmentation fault      srcdir="." builddir="."
> CHARSETALIASDIR="/media/files/src/guile-2.0-2.0.5+1/lib"
> GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0 "../../meta/uninstalled-env" ${dir}$tst
> FAIL: test-with-guile-module
> PASS: test-scm-with-guile
> /bin/bash: line 5: 13759 Segmentation fault      srcdir="." builddir="."
> CHARSETALIASDIR="/media/files/src/guile-2.0-2.0.5+1/lib"
> GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0 "../../meta/uninstalled-env" ${dir}$tst
> FAIL: test-scm-spawn-thread
> /bin/bash: line 5: 13792 Segmentation fault      srcdir="." builddir="."
> CHARSETALIASDIR="/media/files/src/guile-2.0-2.0.5+1/lib"
> GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0 "../../meta/uninstalled-env" ${dir}$tst
> FAIL: test-pthread-create
> SKIP: test-pthread-create-secondary

What version of libgc (the BDW garbage collector) are you using?

Could you get a backtrace from one of the above failures?  You can type
‘ulimit -c unlimited’ before running ‘make check’, so that a core file
will be dumped upon segfault; then just run ‘gdb libguile/.libs/guile
test-suite/standalone/core’ and ‘bt full’ from there.

Thanks,
Ludo’.