Subject: Re: bug#14653: Test failure when building on Debian armel

From: Adam Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 21:23:22 +1000

Apologies for the long post, I thought it would be better to keep all the
logs together.

root@dream:/tmp# dpkg -l libgc1c2
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
|
Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                                    Version
Architecture             Description
+++-=======================================-========================-========================-====================================================================================
ii  libgc1c2                                1:7.1-9.1
armel                    conservative garbage collector for C and C++
root@dream:/tmp# pkg-config bdw-gc --modversion
7.1

root@dream:/media/files/src/guile-2.0-2.0.5+1# gdb
libguile/.libs/guile/test-suite/standalone/core
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.4.1-debian
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "arm-linux-gnueabi".
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
libguile/.libs/guile/test-suite/standalone/core: Not a directory.

root@dream:/media/files/src/guile-2.0-2.0.5+1# gdb
test-suite/standalone/core
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.4.1-debian
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "arm-linux-gnueabi".
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
"/media/files/src/guile-2.0-2.0.5+1/test-suite/standalone/core": not in
executable format: File format not recognized

root@dream:/media/files/src/guile-2.0-2.0.5+1# file
test-suite/standalone/core
test-suite/standalone/core: ELF 32-bit LSB core file ARM, version 1 (SYSV),
SVR4-style, from
'/media/files/src/guile-2.0-2.0.5+1/test-suite/standalone/.libs/lt-test-pthread-'

Note the truncated filename.

#0  0x40236c4c in GC_malloc () from /usr/lib/libgc.so.1
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x401a9eec in scm_cell (cdr=2788640, car=383) at ../libguile/inline.h:117
        cell = 0x0
#2  guilify_self_2 (parent=0x2b1cb8) at threads.c:610
        _smobnum = <optimized out>
        t = 0x2a8d20
#3  0x401aae30 in scm_i_init_thread_for_guile (base=0x40a68dbc,
parent=0x2b1cb8) at threads.c:851
No locals.
#4  0x401aae7c in with_guile_and_parent (base=0x40a68dbc,
data=<optimized out>) at threads.c:895
        res = <optimized out>
        new_thread = <optimized out>
        t = <optimized out>
        args = 0x40a68dcc
        __PRETTY_FUNCTION__ = "with_guile_and_parent"
#5  0x40232900 in GC_call_with_stack_base () from /usr/lib/libgc.so.1
No symbol table info available.
#6  0x401ab060 in scm_i_with_guile_and_parent (parent=<optimized out>,
data=<optimized out>, func=<optimized out>) at threads.c:945
        args = {func = 0x8854 <do_something>, data = 0x0, parent = 0x2b1cb8}
#7  scm_with_guile (func=<optimized out>, data=<optimized out>) at threads.c:951
No locals.
#8  0x00008844 in thread (arg=<optimized out>) at test-pthread-create.c:41
No locals.
#9  0x4005eb04 in start_thread (arg=<optimized out>) at pthread_create.c:306
        pd = 0x40a69470
        unwind_buf = {cancel_jmp_buf = {{jmp_buf = {-1, -1, 0, 338,
1084658800, 1074182724, 0, 1084657580, 1084657128, 1074129616, 0
<repeats 54 times>}, mask_was_saved = 0}},
          priv = {pad = {0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0}, data = {prev = 0x0,
cleanup = 0x0, canceltype = 0}}}
        not_first_call = <optimized out>
        freesize = <optimized out>
        __PRETTY_FUNCTION__ = "start_thread"
#10 0x403cb65c in ?? () at
../ports/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/nptl/../clone.S:113 from
/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libc.so.6
No locals.
#11 0x403cb65c in ?? () at
../ports/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/nptl/../clone.S:113 from
/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libc.so.6
No locals.
Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
quit

Does that help at all?

On 24 June 2013 18:09, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Adam Baxter <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
> >> What version of libgc (the BDW garbage collector) are you using?
> >>
> >
> > I'm not sure, how do I check?
>