Subject: Re: bug#14653: Test failure when building on Debian armel

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:09:35 +0200

Adam Baxter <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> What version of libgc (the BDW garbage collector) are you using?
>>
>
> I'm not sure, how do I check?

You can try:

  dpkg -l libgc1c2

and:

  pkg-config bdw-gc --modversion

>> Could you get a backtrace from one of the above failures?  You can type
>> ‘ulimit -c unlimited’ before running ‘make check’, so that a core file
>> will be dumped upon segfault; then just run ‘gdb libguile/.libs/guile
>> test-suite/standalone/core’ and ‘bt full’ from there.
>>
>
> I have tried this but the core file is not created. Is there something I'm
> missing?

You must type ‘ulimit -c unlimited’ in the same terminal where you run
“make check”, and normally you will see something like:

  Segmentation fault (core dumped)

HTH,
Ludo’.