Subject: 24.3.50; edebug-defun causes an error for eval-when-compile

From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 09:07:19 +0900

Hi,

I'm unable to debug a function that uses eval-when-compile.
Could you try edebug-defun on this form?

(defun foo ()
  (eval-when-compile
    (concat "foo" "+" "bar")))

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument consp nil)
  edebug-before(1)
  (edebug-after (edebug-before 1) 2 (concat "foo" "+" "bar"))
  (progn (edebug-after (edebug-before 1) 2 (concat "foo" "+" "bar")))
  eval((progn (edebug-after (edebug-before 1) 2 (concat "foo" "+" "bar"))) nil)
[...]
  edebug-defun()
  call-interactively(edebug-defun nil nil)
  command-execute(edebug-defun)

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2013-06-18 on localhost
Bzr revision: 113028 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.11401000
Configured using:
 `configure --verbose --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-imagemagick
 --without-dbus --without-gconf --without-gsettings'