Subject: bug#1464: wikipedia-mode-map (was: Document/implement local-unset-map)

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 19:12:49 +0100

Hello

I almost missed your mail, could you please use a more specific subject:
   > (info "(emacs)Local Keymaps") and (info "(emacs)Rebinding") at the
   > most talk about `M-x local-unset-key <RET> KEY'
   > But e.g., I very much want to unset the whole wikipedia-mode-map. It
   > should say how to do that. I.e., how to make it like we never knew
   > about any wikipedia-mode-map (that dares to tinker with basic emacs
   > keys like "\M-u" etc.).

Well is you really want to do that, why not just commenting out the
keybinding re-byte compiling it and restart (X)emacs?

Usually you would want to change certain keybindings by using 
local-set-key in the appropriate hook like

(add-hook 'wikipedia-mode-hook 'my-wikipededia-keys)

(defun my-wikipededia-keys ()
 (local-set-key [(control f3)]   'server-edit)) 
etc

Uwe Brauer