Subject: bug#14636: 24.3.50.1; window-line-height doesn't seem to work, unless the point is at the end-of-buffer

From: E Sabof <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 18:19:06 +0100

> I have also tried

> >
> > (progn (pos-visible-in-window-p)
> >        (window-line-height))
> >
> > but it didn't seem to make any difference.
>
> Why should it?  Calling pos-visible-in-window-p does not guarantee
> that the window will be up-to-date, it just gives you the same
> information without requiring that the display be up-to-date.  Its
> disadvantage is that it is slower.
>

You might be confusing posn-at-point (which returns the height of the
character amoung other things), with pos-visible-in-window-p, which returns
t or nil.

In any case, the height of the character can be different from the height
of the line, so they are not equivalent. So either a) the documentation is
incomplete and misleading, or b) there is a bug in the implementation
(which I think is more likely, given the arbitrary circumstances under
which this function does and doesn't work).