Subject: Re: bug#14627: 24.2; Vertical frame size shrinking

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 14:00:33 +0200

> The only oddity is that when the Info buffer is selected
 > there is an empty space the width of the frame one line high below the
 > minibuffer.

Which disappears when you demaximize the frame, I suppose.

 > However, there is still a shrinking problem.  In KDE clicking the
 > frame's (i.e. WM window's) maximize button with mouse-2 instead of
 > mouse-1 maximizes the frame vertically but not horizontally.  When I do
 > this, then split windows (either vertically or horizontally), open an
 > Info buffer in one window and switch between the windows, then the frame
 > still (i.e. even with your patch) shrinks vertically by one line for
 > each switch back to the Info buffer.  If I drag the border of an
 > unmaximized frame to make it vertically fill the desktop and repeat the
 > recipe, no shrinking occurs.  And if I maximize the frame horizontally
 > by clicking the maximize button with mouse-3 and repeat the recipe,
 > there is also no shrinking.

IIUC in his patch Jan fixed only the fully maximized and the fullscreen
cases.  So what you see is the old behavior for the partially maximized
case.

martin