Subject: 24.2; Vertical frame size shrinking

From: Karl Brodowsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 16:22:01 +0200

In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.4)
 of 2013-02-21 on build16
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11302000
Configured using:
 `configure '--with-pop' '--without-hesiod' '--with-kerberos'
 '--with-kerberos5' '--with-xim' '--with-wide-int' '--enable-autodepend'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--datadir=/usr/share' '--localstatedir=/var'
 '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--with-x'
 '--with-sound' '--with-sync-input' '--with-xpm' '--with-jpeg'
 '--with-tiff' '--with-gif' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-dbus'
 '--without-gpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--x-includes=/usr/include'
 '--x-libraries=/usr/lib64:/usr/share/X11' '--with-xft' '--with-libotf'
 '--with-m17n-flt' '--build=x86_64-suse-linux'
 'build_alias=x86_64-suse-linux' 'CFLAGS=-fmessage-length=0 -O2 -Wall
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables
 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -g -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=gnu89 -pipe
 -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-label
 -Wno-unprototyped-calls -fno-optimize-sibling-calls
 -DSYSTEM_PURESIZE_EXTRA=55000 -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=10000 '
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O2 -Wl,--hash-size=65521''

uname -a
Linux <hostname> 3.7.10-1.11-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu May 16 20:27:27
UTC 2013 (adf31bb) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

lsb-release -a
LSB Version:    n/a
Distributor ID:    openSUSE project
Description:    openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64)
Release:    12.3
Codename:    Dartmouth

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: POSIX
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: C
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-auto hides ~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-auto
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-indent hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-indent
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-ui hides ~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-ui
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-feature-tags hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-feature-tags
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode hides ~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-feature-speedbar hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-feature-speedbar
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-feature-electric hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-feature-electric
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-navigation hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-navigation
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-constants hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-constants
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-lib hides ~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-lib
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-variables hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-variables
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-fontlock hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-fontlock
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-feature hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-feature
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-inf hides ~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-inf
~bk1/etc/emacs/maple hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/maple
~bk1/etc/emacs/psvn hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/psvn
~bk1/etc/emacs/finder-inf hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/finder-inf
~bk1/etc/emacs/comint hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/comint
~bk1/etc/emacs/cyrillic hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/language/cyrillic

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr warnings emacsbug message format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs tabify nxml-uchnm rng-xsd
xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok dired-aux sql
thingatpt mule-util grep compile dabbrev rect shell pcomplete comint
ring locate dired regexp-opt help-mode easymenu view misearch
multi-isearch vc-git server k-iso-insert iso-insert extra-konvers
asc2iso konvers xxx-konvers iso-konvers ws-minor ws-markerfun
ws-searchfun latin-1 cmode-extra hilit19 meta-arrow shift-arrow paren
preview-latex tex-site auto-loads ispell time-date delsel lpr disp-table
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

What I do:
start emacs
maximize the window
split with C-x 3
open a directory with C-x C-f /tmp
click on left and right half of emacs
The height of my emacs frame shrinks a little bit every time I do so, so
I am loosing about one line of text when clicking to the left half and
back to the right half.