Subject: Re: bug#14627: 24.2; Vertical frame size shrinking

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:21:25 +0200

> The toolbar displays no text (at least on my system), only images, so
 > font size should have no significance, only the sizes of the images
 > should matter.

IIUC when I change the default font size on Windows, the frame's line
height changes and the pixel size of the toolbar changes too.  On
Windows this won't matter, but when an external toolbar changes size it
might and trigger the rounding effect I mentioned earlier.  But maybe
you're right and it's the images that change size.

 > And why would the _default_ font size in two windows
 > of the same frame be different, anyway, when the recipe includes no
 > commands that should have any effect on the font?

More so because windows don't have a default face.  The OP uses cyrillic
and Stephen invokes Info, could these give a clue?  Can face remapping
or buffer local faces have any impact?

 > Anyway, does the toolbar really change its size in this recipe?  It
 > doesn't on my system.

According to Stephen the toolbar matters.  I don't know about the OP but
at least he has `tool-bar-mode' turned on.

 > So sorry, but I still think there's some mystery here.  Putting a
 > breakpoint in the relevant primitives and showing the C and Lisp
 > backtraces when those break might show what am I missing.

Right.

martin