Subject: bug#14627: 24.2; Vertical frame size shrinking

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:25:41 +0300

> Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 10:55:38 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
>  >  (3) Why does a frame change its size when one clicks on it?
> 
> The OP says that he clicks "to the left half and back to the right half"
> which here translates to switches from one window to the other.
> Together with Stephen's observations this seems to indicate that the
> toolbar contents change, probably with a different default font.  And
> since Emacs can change the frame size when changing a font size ...

The toolbar displays no text (at least on my system), only images, so
font size should have no significance, only the sizes of the images
should matter.  And why would the _default_ font size in two windows
of the same frame be different, anyway, when the recipe includes no
commands that should have any effect on the font?

Anyway, does the toolbar really change its size in this recipe?  It
doesn't on my system.

So sorry, but I still think there's some mystery here.  Putting a
breakpoint in the relevant primitives and showing the C and Lisp
backtraces when those break might show what am I missing.