Subject: bug#14627: closed (Re: bug#14627: 24.2; Vertical frame size shrinking)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 18:37:03 +0000

Your bug report

#14627: 24.2; Vertical frame size shrinking

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
14627: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14627
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#14627: 24.2; Vertical frame size shrinking
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Cc: Karl Brodowsky <[email-masked]>,Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 19:35:58 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

 >> Does this still happen with current trunk/master?
 >
 > No, I don't see this now.

[...]

 >> And this?
 >
 > No, I also see no shrinking problem anymore.

Then I close this bug.

Thanks for checking, martin

Subject: 24.2; Vertical frame size shrinking
From: Karl Brodowsky <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 16:22:01 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.4)
 of 2013-02-21 on build16
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11302000
Configured using:
 `configure '--with-pop' '--without-hesiod' '--with-kerberos'
 '--with-kerberos5' '--with-xim' '--with-wide-int' '--enable-autodepend'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--datadir=/usr/share' '--localstatedir=/var'
 '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--with-x'
 '--with-sound' '--with-sync-input' '--with-xpm' '--with-jpeg'
 '--with-tiff' '--with-gif' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-dbus'
 '--without-gpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--x-includes=/usr/include'
 '--x-libraries=/usr/lib64:/usr/share/X11' '--with-xft' '--with-libotf'
 '--with-m17n-flt' '--build=x86_64-suse-linux'
 'build_alias=x86_64-suse-linux' 'CFLAGS=-fmessage-length=0 -O2 -Wall
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables
 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -g -D_GNU_SOURCE -std=gnu89 -pipe
 -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-label
 -Wno-unprototyped-calls -fno-optimize-sibling-calls
 -DSYSTEM_PURESIZE_EXTRA=55000 -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=10000 '
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O2 -Wl,--hash-size=65521''

uname -a
Linux <hostname> 3.7.10-1.11-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu May 16 20:27:27
UTC 2013 (adf31bb) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

lsb-release -a
LSB Version:    n/a
Distributor ID:    openSUSE project
Description:    openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64)
Release:    12.3
Codename:    Dartmouth

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: POSIX
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: C
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-auto hides ~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-auto
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-indent hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-indent
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-ui hides ~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-ui
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-feature-tags hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-feature-tags
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode hides ~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-feature-speedbar hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-feature-speedbar
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-feature-electric hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-feature-electric
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-navigation hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-navigation
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-constants hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-constants
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-lib hides ~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-lib
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-variables hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-variables
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-fontlock hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-fontlock
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-feature hides
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-feature
~bk1/etc/emacs/scala-mode-inf hides ~bk1/etc/emacs/scala/scala-mode-inf
~bk1/etc/emacs/maple hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/maple
~bk1/etc/emacs/psvn hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/psvn
~bk1/etc/emacs/finder-inf hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/finder-inf
~bk1/etc/emacs/comint hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/comint
~bk1/etc/emacs/cyrillic hides /usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/language/cyrillic

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr warnings emacsbug message format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs tabify nxml-uchnm rng-xsd
xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok dired-aux sql
thingatpt mule-util grep compile dabbrev rect shell pcomplete comint
ring locate dired regexp-opt help-mode easymenu view misearch
multi-isearch vc-git server k-iso-insert iso-insert extra-konvers
asc2iso konvers xxx-konvers iso-konvers ws-minor ws-markerfun
ws-searchfun latin-1 cmode-extra hilit19 meta-arrow shift-arrow paren
preview-latex tex-site auto-loads ispell time-date delsel lpr disp-table
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

What I do:
start emacs
maximize the window
split with C-x 3
open a directory with C-x C-f /tmp
click on left and right half of emacs
The height of my emacs frame shrinks a little bit every time I do so, so
I am loosing about one line of text when clicking to the left half and
back to the right half.