Subject: od - Please add -h option

From: Jari Aalto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 11:02:21 +0300

Package: coreutils
Version: 8.20-3
Severity: wishlist

An example:

   $ od -h
   ... hangs

Please add options -h, --help like in other GNU tools to display brief
synopsis and program description.

-- System Information
Debian Release: jessie/sid
  APT Prefers testing
  APT policy: (990, testing) (500, unstable)
Architecture: amd64
Kernel: Linux picasso 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.41-2 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Locale: LANG=en_DK.UTF-8

-- Versions of packages `coreutils depends on'.
Pre-Depends:
libacl1         2.2.52-1        Access control list shared library
libattr1        1:2.4.47-1      Extended attribute shared library
libc6           2.17-5          Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
libselinux1     2.1.13-2        SELinux runtime shared libraries
Depends:
dpkg            1.16.10         Debian package management system
install-info    5.1.dfsg.1-3    Manage installed documentation in info format