Subject: seq: -s does not work in the first row

From: Marius Spix <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 12:48:13 +0200

Hello,

When I use the command

seq -s ';' 10

I receive the output:

1
2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;10;

I think that this is not correct. The output must be

1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;10;

instead.

Because it causes many program faults on my system I would classify this
bug as a major blocker.

mari@spixxi ~ $ eix coreutils
[I] sys-apps/coreutils
     Available versions:  8.5 ~8.5-r1 8.7 ~8.8 ~8.9 ~8.10 ~8.11 ~8.12
~8.13 8.14 ~8.15 8.16 ~8.17 ~8.18 ~8.19 8.20 ~8.20-r1 ~8.20-r2 {{acl
caps gmp nls selinux static unicode userland_BSD vanilla xattr}}
     Installed versions:  8.20(14:15:05 20.01.2013)(acl nls -caps -gmp
-selinux -static -userland_BSD -vanilla -xattr)
     Homepage:            http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/
     Description:         Standard GNU file utilities (chmod, cp, dd,
dir, ls...), text utilities (sort, tr, head, wc..), and shell utilities
(whoami, who,...)

mari@spixxi ~ $ uname -srp
Linux 3.8.13-gentoo Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz

mari@spixxi ~ $ grep "CFLAGS" /etc/portage/make.conf
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"

mari@spixxi ~ $ gcc -v
Es werden eingebaute Spezifikationen verwendet.
COLLECT_GCC=/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.6.3/gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/lto-wrapper
Ziel: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Konfiguriert mit:
/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.6.3/work/gcc-4.6.3/configure
--prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.6.3
--includedir=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/include
--datadir=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3
--mandir=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/man
--infodir=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/info
--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/include/g++-v4
--host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --disable-altivec
--disable-fixed-point --without-cloog --without-ppl --enable-lto
--enable-nls --without-included-gettext --with-system-zlib
--enable-obsolete --disable-werror --enable-secureplt --disable-multilib
--enable-libmudflap --disable-libssp --enable-libgomp
--with-python-dir=/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/python
--enable-checking=release --disable-libgcj --enable-libstdcxx-time
--enable-objc-gc --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,obj-c++,fortran
--enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-__cxa_atexit
--enable-clocale=gnu --enable-targets=all
--with-bugurl=http://bugs.gentoo.org/ --with-pkgversion='Gentoo 4.6.3
p1.13, pie-0.5.2'
Thread-Modell: posix
gcc-Version 4.6.3 (Gentoo 4.6.3 p1.13, pie-0.5.2)

Sincerely Yours,

Marius Spix