Subject: Re: bug#14582: 24.3.50.1; Strange overlay behavior, when window-start is inside an overlay.

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 01:36:41 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Are you still seeing this issue in recent Emacs versions?  If so, do
> you have a more complete recipe to reproduce the problem?

AFAIU, I still see this.

The effect is that the first visual line in the folded buffer looks like

...

i.e. consists of just three eliding dots, but when I scroll up, I see
that the dots belong to e.g.

(progn...)

I see that all the time when working with hideshow, and it's quite
annoying.

Lars, you just need to follow the recipe of the OP in an Elisp buffer
containing some code to reproduce the issue.  You maybe need to repeat a
second time (unfold + refold again).

If still not lucky, I'll try to create a step-by-step recipe, but maybe
it's clear enough.  And I hope I did not misinterpret the original
report.

Michael.