Subject: 24.3; docview-mode doesn't work for multi-page pdf in 24.3

From: Neal Becker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 17:59:58 -0400

From: nbecker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 24.3; docview-mode doesn't work for multi-page pdf in 24.3
--text follows this line--
This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgment at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

Worked fine in 24.2, but since update to 24.3 it is intermittent.  It
sometimes works, but usually seems to think multi-page pdf has only 1
page.  After reporting on emacs-help, another user has confirmed this
bug.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.4)
 of 2013-04-19 on nbecker7
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11303000
System Description: Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow)

Configured using:
 `configure '--build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
 '--host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix='
 '--disable-dependency-tracking' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr'
 '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc'
 '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include'
 '--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--with-dbus'
 '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff'
 '--with-xft' '--with-xpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-gpm=no'
 'build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
 'host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro ''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<return> C-x C-f ~ / n o n <tab> <return> C-x C-f C-a
C-g <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Invoking man git-stash in the background
Please wait: formatting the git-stash man page...
git-stash man page formatted
Directory has changed on disk; type g to update Dired
Quit [3 times]
Mark set
byte-code: End of buffer
Quit
Mark set
Replaced 2 occurrences
Quit [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils tabify man misearch multi-isearch two-column
iso-transl help-mode vc-git cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs sh-script smie
rpm-spec-mode dired auto-complete popup zoom-frm frame-cmds frame-fns
avoid ein-autoloads elpy-autoloads find-file-in-project-autoloads
frame-cmds-autoloads frame-fns-autoloads fuzzy-autoloads
highlight-indentation-autoloads idomenu-autoloads iedit-autoloads
jedi-autoloads auto-complete-autoloads epc-autoloads ctable-autoloads
concurrent-autoloads deferred-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
mode-icons-autoloads nose-autoloads popup-autoloads request-autoloads
undo-tree-autoloads virtualenv-autoloads websocket-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads zoom-frm-autoloads package cl-macs gv
browse-kill-ring edmacro kmacro rst time org-install ipython advice
help-fns advice-preload python-mode info-look info easymenu compile
executable shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring cl cl-lib delsel
cus-start cus-load time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)