Subject: Re: bug#14575: 24.3.50.1; Overlays with a window property affect other windows

From: E Sabof <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 21:14:01 +0100

>
> Well, it's Saturday...
>
> Btw, this bug was introduced 2 years ago, during the development of
> v24.1, and no one ever said anything until now.  I guess that speaks
> volumes of how frequently people use window-specific overlays.
>

I think the more advanced features of the display engine are generally
under-used. Maybe because there aren't as many users from the front-end
side of things.

Btw, I'm trying to implement variable width right/centered paragraph
alignment. Now that I think about it, I might also do justified text (with
varied width of spaces).

https://github.com/sabof/magic-buffer

It's still in prototype stages, but the prognosis is good. And with
window-specific overlays, I can make if work even it the text is displayed
in multiple windows simultaneously