Subject: Re: bug#14569: 24.3.50; bootstrap fails on Cygwin

From: Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 15:54:10 +0200

Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

> Bootstrap got to fail on Cygwin since yesterday.  An error occurs
> at least when performing batch-update-autoloads as follows:

I did a similar report on emacs-devel:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-06/msg00333.html

Now I have discovered that trunk rev. 112858 build fine while rev. 
112859 fails as described. These are the changes that have broken the 
bootstrap on Cygwin:

=================================
2013-06-05  Paul Eggert  <[email-masked]>
  2
  3        Chain glib's SIGCHLD handler from Emacs's (Bug#14474).
  4        * process.c (dummy_handler): New function.
  5        (lib_child_handler): New static var.
  6        (handle_child_signal): Invoke it.
  7        (catch_child_signal): If a library has set up a signal handler,
  8        save it into lib_child_handler.
  9        (init_process_emacs): If using glib and not on Windows, 
tickle glib's
  10        child-handling code so that it initializes its private 
SIGCHLD handler.
  11        * syssignal.h (SA_SIGINFO): Default to 0.
  12        * xterm.c (x_term_init): Remove D-bus hack that I installed 
on May
  13        31; it should no longer be needed now.
=================================

Ciao,
  Angelo.