Subject: Re: bug#14569: 24.3.50; bootstrap fails on Cygwin

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 11:10:32 -0700

On 06/11/13 08:13, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> $ ../configure --without-all
> ...
>   Does Emacs use a file notification library?             yes -lgio (gfile)

That's a bug; --without-all should disable file notification.

I installed a fix in trunk bzr 112928.
You'll also need --without-x (or some other non-glib X toolkit)
to suppress glib.

Please update to the trunk and then run:

   ./autogen.sh
   ./configure --without-all --without-x

This should build you a glib-less Emacs.  On my Fedora 17 host,
the shell command 'ldd src/temacs' reports:

	linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007fffcbffe000)
	libacl.so.1 => /lib64/libacl.so.1 (0x000000386cc00000)
	librt.so.1 => /lib64/librt.so.1 (0x000000385ea00000)
	libtinfo.so.5 => /lib64/libtinfo.so.5 (0x0000003868a00000)
	libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x000000385e600000)
	libm.so.6 => /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x000000385de00000)
	libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x000000385da00000)
	libattr.so.1 => /lib64/libattr.so.1 (0x000000386ba00000)
	/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x000000385d600000)

Arguably, --without-all should disable some of these
remaining libraries, too; but at least it now disables glib.