Subject: bug#14569: 24.3.50; bootstrap fails on Cygwin

From: Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 14:28:58 +0200

Il 01/07/2013 13.21, Ken Brown ha scritto:

> Last night I began running a loop in which emacs (patched as I proposed)
> repeatedly starts and then exits after 15 seconds [*].  So far there
> hasn't been a single failure after more than 1300 iterations.  I don't
> know what's different about bootstrapping, but it seems that tickling
> Glib doesn't cause problems on Cygwin in ordinary interactive use of
> Emacs.  (Keep in mind that my previous test, quoted above, showed that
> the failure during bootstrapping always occurred within 1 second after
> Glib got tickled.)
>
> If no one objects, I'll go ahead and apply my patch later today.

+1

Regarding this:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2013-06/msg00963.html

shouldn't it flagged, in some manner, to Cygwin ("Creators") list? For 
example,

"Bootstrapping Emacs with this patch fails on Cygwin so and so... but 
not on GNU/Linux... Have you some idea?..."

After all, trying to bootstrap Emacs trunk is not so much work... The 
big work, perhaps, is in understanding the failure, I think..

Ciao
Angelo