Subject: Re: bug#14569: 24.3.50; bootstrap fails on Cygwin

From: Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 23:15:17 +0200

Il 10/06/2013 22.10, Paul Eggert ha scritto:
> Are you linking with libxml2?  These URLs:
>
> http://91r.net/ask/15791784.html
>
> http://xmlsoft.org/threads.html
>
> suggests that Emacs may not be initializing
> libxml2 properly.
>
> You should be able to tell whether you're linking
> with libxml2 by looking at the 'make' output,
> or by running 'ldd src/temacs'.
>

Hmm... I configure with:

$ "${source_dir}"/configure --prefix="${prefix_dir}"

and "configure" adds all it finds,

...
Configured for `i686-pc-cygwin'.

   Where should the build process find the source code?    /work/emacs
   What compiler should emacs be built with?               gcc 
-std=gnu99 -g3 -O2
   Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc?             yes
   Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers?    no
   Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation?         yes
   What window system should Emacs use?                    x11
   What toolkit should Emacs use?                          GTK3
   Where do we find X Windows header files?                Standard dirs
   Where do we find X Windows libraries?                   Standard dirs
   Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 no
   Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   yes
   Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  yes
   Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  yes
   Does Emacs use a gif library?                           yes -lgif
   Does Emacs use -lpng?                                   yes
   Does Emacs use -lrsvg-2?                                yes
   Does Emacs use imagemagick?                             yes
   Does Emacs use -lgpm?                                   no
   Does Emacs use -ldbus?                                  yes
   Does Emacs use -lgconf?                                 yes
   Does Emacs use GSettings?                               yes
   Does Emacs use a file notification library?             yes -lgio (gfile)
   Does Emacs use -lselinux?                               no
   Does Emacs use -lgnutls?                                yes
   Does Emacs use -lxml2?                                  yes
   Does Emacs use -lfreetype?                              yes
   Does Emacs use -lm17n-flt?                              yes
   Does Emacs use -lotf?                                   yes
   Does Emacs use -lxft?                                   yes
   Does Emacs use toolkit scroll bars?                     yes
...

It is certainly not my will that wants to link with xml2,

$ ldd emacs/Work/src/temacs.exe | grep xml
	cygxml2-2.dll => /usr/bin/cygxml2-2.dll (0x45990000)

Ciao,
  Angelo.