Subject: Re: bug#14569: 24.3.50; bootstrap fails on Cygwin

From: Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 21:49:29 +0200

Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 06/23/2013 09:13 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> If the crashes in gmalloc don't happen unless glib is linked in, then
>> it's possible that its memory management conflicts in some way with
>> gmalloc (and possibly ralloc, if Cygwin uses that as well).
>
> Thanks, I think that's the problem: the new code invokes glib
> primitives before the memory allocator is set up on Cygwin, which is a
> no-no.  I moved the glib SIGCHLD tickling to later, in trunk bzr 113142;
> does that help?

No. Rev. 113146 fails in similar manner:

GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during 
'pthread_setspecific': Invalid argument.  Aborting.
Makefile:232: recipe for target `compile-onefile' failed
make[3]: *** [compile-onefile] Aborted

Ciao,
  Angelo.