Subject: bug#14567: Scrolling of large images

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 07:33:48 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 14:26:13 +0300
>> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> 
>> > From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
>> > Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 13:13:05 +0200
>> > 
>> > however it would be great to be able to scroll horizontally too.
>> 
>> That's a much larger project, since we lack infrastructure to scroll
>> horizontally by pixels.
>
> Actually, I see that I was wrong: set-window-hscroll can do the job.
> The only problem is to get C-f/C-b and <left>/<right> keys invoke that
> function when appropriate.  Patches are welcome.

I don't understand how to use this, it is actually setting the number of
column where to start scrolling, and it seems an image have only one
column?

Though only setting `auto-hscroll-mode' to nil let move with C-f/b and
left/right as expected, may be this value should be let-bounded when
image-mode is detected?

-- 
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997