Subject: bug#14567: These changes sometimes break plain text navigation

From: Dima Kogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 16:42:49 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Dima Kogan <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 11:57:15 -0700
>> 
>> Hi Eli. With the latest trunk there's still a bit of sticking with
>> global-hl-line-move. I'm going to file a separate bug.
>
> Didn't see any new bug

I did a search for similar-sounding existing bugs, and apparently this
issue has already been filed, so I didn't add to the pile:

 http://debbugs.gnu.org/6103
 http://debbugs.gnu.org/6272
 http://debbugs.gnu.org/14598

>, but in the meantime I fixed a few more problems (trunk revision
>113327). Now I no longer see any "sticking" with the recipes I used. If
>you still see them, please describe exactly what you see, and tell
>which scroll-related options, if any, did you customize from their
>default values.

Thank you very much, Eli. My main test case now works perfectly. I can
still make problems happen if I adjust the text size with C-x C-+.

Loading emacs with the .emacs I mentioned in the original post about
this and then pressing 'C-x C-+' 4 times, pressing C-n never results in
a 50% screen scroll. At the bottom, C-n presses alternate between

 - scrolling down one line while keeping the point stationary
 - moving the point down one line normally.

This sounds like http://debbugs.gnu.org/14598 so maybe it's not
something to worry about here.

Thanks again