Subject: bug#14567: These changes sometimes break plain text navigation

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 18:51:49 +0300

> From: Dima Kogan <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 21:46:36 -0700
> 
> > Don't you see the same in Emacs 24.3?  If so, the changes that were
> > done to allow smoother scrolling of tall images are no longer
> > responsible.
> 
> Aha. It does seem like the behavior before the changes introduced by
> this bug and the behavior after your new patch are very similar. Thanks!
> 
> It does seem like a bug to me that the sticking happens at all,
> especially given that it depends on global-hl-line-mode. Should I file a
> separate bug for that?

Yes, definitely, as this is a very old problem.  But before you do,
please try the latest trunk, where revision 113314 attempts to make
scrolling in this case even more smooth.  If you think the result is
acceptable, there's no need for a bug report.

Thanks.