Subject: bug#14562: rectangle stuff hidden in cua-selection-mode

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 08:54:10 +0200

Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]> writes:

> As link below indicates, advanced rectangle stuff is still hidden
> inside cua-selection-mode
>
> while non-related to cua. That's a pity, as not seen that way by many users.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately got little
response at the time.)

CUA has its own rectangle commands that work in a different way than the
non-CUA rectangle commands, and I don't think any whole-sale porting of
those over would be appropriate.  The non-CUA rectangle commands have
been extended somewhat since this issue was opened, though.

But I don't think there's going to be any progress in this bug report,
so I'm closing it.  Opening new bug reports with more concrete
suggestions for extending the non-CUA rectangle commands may be
appropriate, though.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no