Subject: Re: bug#14553: 24.3.50; C-g doesn't break inf-loop

From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 09:34:52 +0900

Josh wrote:
>> On 6/4/2013 2:10 AM, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
>>> Start Emacs with the -Q option.
>>> Eval the form: (while t)
>>>
>>> Then I get unable to break it.

[...]

> FWIW, I am able to successfully interrupt that loop via C-g on my
> Cygwin system, which was configured with the --with-w32 flag and built
> from yesterday's trunk.

Oh, it works!  Thanks.  So, Emacs links some essential one only
when --with-w32, doesn't it?  I don't know what it is, but I hope
Cygwin Emacs uses it no matter what GUI is chosen.  My configure
options are:

--verbose --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-imagemagick --without-dbus
--without-gconf --without-gsettings'

;; I tried --with-w32, and found it uses funny key bindings (by
;; default?) --- there's no C-h key, M-x isn't M-x, etc.  For not
;; only it but also the font settings and so forth, it seems to
;; take time to make it usable as before.